9 Tips for Including Your Pets in Family Photos.
In principal, we enjoy having your pets along for your shoot – we are very happy to meet the furry part of your family.
1) Please let us know in advance. There might be things we need to do in the studio to make them safe or provide them water and so on.
2) Be certain your pet will be comfortable in a new space. Dogs, tortoises, rabbits and so on are usually pretty chilled about being in new places. Cats really don’t get on with it all.
3) Bring a leash for your pet. During the shoot, we might well be able to do without it, or at least hide it away. Outside of the shoot there might be all sorts of reasons why your pet needs to be secure.
4) Bring treats. These are great bribery and we can often craft poses with your pet looking or waiting for their treat.
5) Bring their favourite toy. The photographer can use it to make certain the pet’s attention is in the right spot. We can also use it for some fun games with your animal.
8) Give your animal lots of strokes. Despite outward appearances it may still be stressful for them and lots of contact and comfort will help them calm down.
9) I’ve never seen an animal react to our studio flashes, the flash is very short and doesn’t seem to bother animals at all.